Monday, January 5, 2009

A future glimpse or a phase?

Yesterday was Rheagen's first day of Sunbeams! We got to church and walked past the nursery room and that's when the wailing and gnashing of teeth began. I was in charge of doing sharing time and so my blood pressure was hiked up a few notches. She parked herself underneath the drinking fountain right in front of the primary room and loudly announced to the world that she "wanted to go to HER class". I'm sure we were quite a sight to behold with Rheagen yelling her head off and me crouched down on the floor trying to coax her out from under the fountains. I guess the draw of going from endless snacks and playtime to setting quietly for 2 hours and listening to grown-ups talk isn't what it use to be. Those poor sweet Sunbeam teachers really should get a medal. Not only is Rheagen going to give them a run for their money but there are two other little boys in there that are the same energy level. That is celestial kingdom material for sure!

3 comments:

*Brett and Lacey* said...

I second that!!! Drew acted the same way, Awesome!!!

Michelle Mills said...

Serena!!! Oh my heck it was good to hear from you. My updates from Graig aren't that grand. I did know Justin had surgery. Glad it went good. Blogs are awesome, your kids are super cute and your family looks awesome! I hope you got my christmas card??? Lets keep in touch! Love Ya.

Amanda said...

Is this payback for our childhood? Seriosly- Michael has a Dec. birthday so he had to go to sunbeams as a barely 3 year old. He's now in CTR 5 (weird since he just turned 4) he enjoys going to primary but only because he enjoys being the class clown. Like telling knock-knock jokes loudly during music time. Got to love them!