.jpg)
It's not often that I blog about my baby boy. He is just so easy going and kind of gets lost in the shuffle of our estrogen filled house. These last 6 months of watching him develop into a little man has been an experience. He LOVES basketball. This is just not a little infatuation, he is fanatical. He has his own little hoop that he practices at almost everyday and only wants to wear his t-shirts with a basketball on them. Loves to watch Jazz games, what the crap he is only 2. I mean he is obsessed. The weird thing is that neither I or Justin are big sports nuts so who knows where that came from, maybe grandpa & grandma Westphal. He loves cars especially motorcycles and four-wheelers (thanks grandpa jeff!). There is always some kind of race going on in the house complete with sound effects and some violent crashes. Sometimes he even gets the girls' baby stroller and pushes it around and I think "how sweet he is going to be a great husband and dad someday". Next thing I know he gets a running start and rams the stroller, baby and all straight into the wall at top speed. We may need to work on gentleness a little. Then there are his cute little plastic animals. Horses, dinos, elephants, etc. They always seem to be in battle with each other. I asked him if his animals couldn't be friends, his reply "no, they fight mom". Duh, what was I thinking. He currently thinks that he is "the kung fu panda" which involves karate moves on his sisters. Growing up in a world of all sisters, I never thought I would get use to or like having a boy but it really has been a fun and enlightening experience that I never would have wanted to miss out on.



4 comments:
They must be preprogrammed with some of those traits, just like it seems girls are moms from age 1! Thanks for blogging about his personality as I really don't know him at all. The last I saw him was for Rheagen's 2nd birthday!
yay! you got your computer back! Way to go to reconnect with the rest of the world. I need my little Jay boy to come and visit.
I can't believe how fast he is growing. He is still frozen in my mind around a year old. It's funny to see kids pick up on things that no one really seems to teach them.
The wonderful world of boys! Unfortunately Kate is following in her brothers footsteps and thinks barbies are for sword fighting. Maybe I need to send Kate to you for a day to learn about being a girl and Jeff can come play in the dirt, sword fight and crash cars to his hearts content!!
Post a Comment