Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Rheagie vs. The Pitbull


Yes you read that right, PITBULL. As in stinkin' scary dog. When we moved in to this townhome to our eternal delight we discovered that we had one living right next door. That normally would not be a problem if the backyard where he resides were completely fenced in but we have what we lovingly call a "privacy" fence. He is kept at home by what might as well be a 25 foot piece of string. Basically our yard is his yard. During our first meeting he wanted something the kids had and so pushed past me and grabbed it out of the kids hands. I could tell if push came to shove I was no match in any way. So we kindly let him have his trophy and went inside. He stole one of my flip-flops which is currently a mangled chew toy on their back lawn. He also loves to use our lawn as his potty place. Apparently the grass is greener on this side of the fence. Justin and I had been discussing how best to resolve the situation. I guess little ears were listening because later that day we were going out to get into the car and the neighbor was just going into her house and Rheagen saw her opportunity to right the injustice going on in the backyard. By that time we were buckling the other two kids in and she made her escape. She marched her little buns over and talked to the lady. We didn't think anything about it, she was probably just saying "hi". Wrong-o. The conversation went like this: Rheagen - "hey, that dog comes over and poops in our yard" Neighbor - " I'm really sorry, I am going to get a cage so he can't do that anymore". Problem solved. Needless to say we had to talk about when and what is appropriate to talk adults about.

6 comments:

Megan said...

Nathan does that kind of thing to me all the time. Sometimes it gets me out of sticky situations because he's still sweet and innocent, and gets away with just telling it like it is. But, then there's the other times, where he just creates sticky situations for me to get myself out of! Gotta love kids and their sense of what is right - no holds barred when it comes to telling you what's up!

Christina said...

Problem solving in a great sign of creativity. Go Rheagan! Okay, I get the embarrassing part too. Can I borrow her from time to time to take care of my difficult to solve problems?

MARIE said...

HAHA. I LOVE it!

*Brett and Lacey* said...

Way to go Rheagan!

Colin Key said...

That's my girl!

Sandie said...

Way to solve the problem! Who could ignore such a cute girl's problem. By the way can I borrow her to solve our dog problem? Somebody that goes for a walk always leaves us presents.